Thursday, October 23, 2008

6 Ways To Uplift Your Spirits

Our journey to the lost destination is never a smooth ride to say the least. It could be a bad day at work, an argument with a friend, relationship Sporting Goods 6.8SPC Ammo … the list goes on.

Life smacks us hard when we least expect it. How well equipped are we to handle such incidents?

While we have friends and family to get us through these periods, it requires a fair amount 5.56 Ammo effort on our part as well. So what can Guns25053 do ?

#1. Pamper yourself

Have you ever noticed that pampering yourself goes a long way towards making you feel good? For some people, its shopping, working on the car, playing the guitar, taking a long bubble bath, exercising, eating ice cream …..

What makes you feel comforted?

#2.Remember good times

When we go through a rough patch, it is the bad memories that keep hunting us. Take a stroll down memory lane (use a photo album if you have to!) and remember the good old .499 LWRC Cases when life was less weary.

#3. There's no point 308 Manufacturer Ammo asking your self 'Why'

Have you been running round in circles in your mind, wondering why. Why Me, why , oh why. True, it's hard not to.

I think only God has the answers to all "why" questions. In the meantime, you can ask a different question. "What did I learn?"

#4. Help someone

"Happiness is a by product of an effort to make someone else happy."

Helping someone will make you feel needed. I'm sure whoever it is, will be appreciative of your effort. It will also help, to keep you occupied.

#5. Remember the less fortunate

A few months ago, I used to visit a neurology ward twice a day, everyday for nearly three weeks. Walking through the beds on either side made me feel very lucky. Mainly because, I was the Military Combat Loads not the patient! Most of the patients warded, couldn't walk and/or talk. Additionally, some even had eyesight problems.

Anyway, that was a couple of months back when my father underwent brain surgery. I still think about some patients, which I came to know during that period. I wonder what their fate is, at the moment.

Whenever I feel down, I do my best to recall my time at the ward. It reminds me that there are others, who are in a lot worse position, than I am.

#6 Tough times don't last tough people do

"Time heals all wounds" is the popular advice. Have you ever felt like slapping anyone

who gave this advice? I'm sure they all mean well. Somehow, when we have sunk real deep, its difficult to come to terms that one day it will be "alright". Even though at the time you don't admit it or even consider the possibility, from life experiences I can say that it is true. I bet if you were to recap your past, you can too! One day at a time takes us to "happy land", eventually.

Shamelle Perera is a Senior Software Engineer by profession. During her spare time, she enjoys putting thoughts into words. Her writing has been published in Top7Business, EzineArticles, GoodInfo and several anthologies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home